Saturday 11 February 2012

Several stops on the Catalunya Bus Turistic (blue line)

Well, my ole body is still on Toronto time.   I slept for so long this past night, morning and into the afternoon, it was amazing!  Well, chalk it up to several years of work fatigue, no sleep on the overnight flight and only intermittent sleep right after my arrival at my hotel in Barcelona.

Once I got vertical and freshened up today -- I felt great and I wasted no time!

Barcelona has three open air bus routes run by Catalunya Bus Turistic.  I took the blue line today, which runs north of Placa de Catalunya.

I went from Placa de Catalunya, up Passeig de Gracia (major shopping area), saw the stunning Temple Expiatori de la Sagrada Familia by Antoni Gaudi (he said it would take seven generations to complete and I believe it - woweeee), through the lovely old neighbourhood of Gracia, to Park Guell (Gaudi again).  Onwards to Tramvia Blau-Tibidabo, to Sarria and then to Montesir de Pedrables. Kept moving to Palau Real and then to Futbol Club Barcelona (Barca!  Barca! Barca!).  Down Avinguda Diagonal and on to Eixample, MACBA - CCCB (two museums I will go to this week) and back to Placa de Catalunya.












Exquisite!  What a wonderful city!  And that's only one part of it I saw today.  But it was great to hit certain highlights by bus and get a lay of the land.

Eeek - I almost lost my post, so I am going to hit Publish!

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow! What a great day you had! And your blog and pics are stirring great memories! Love the Gaudi spots. You obviously needed the mega sleep, and will benefit from it. Can't wait to see what you get up to tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete