Tuesday 14 February 2012

La Rambla del Raval

I am really pleased with the area in which I chose to stay -- so much of what I want to see and do is so close to my hotel.  I did a lot of walking today, continually amazed at how beautiful Barcelona is.

I am happy that I have come to know the city (at least Barri Gotic) so well in just four days.  My first day was all on foot in my neighbourhood, the second and third days by open air bus to get a feel for the whole city, and then back to walking today in my neighbourhood.



La Rambla del Raval runs south off my street, Carrer de l'Hospital. El Raval is wide open, full of outdoor, street-side patios and of course, the ever-beckoning cafe con leche.  In order to reach the port area (Port Vell), I then walked down Avinguda de les Drassanes.

1 comment:

  1. Loving the tour of the city! But I have to admit, those food photos are driving me crazy!! I see you got down to the Port. Did you check out the Maritime Museum? Mare Magnum? Don't you just love walking in that city? Can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete