Wednesday 15 February 2012

Park Guell designed by Antoni Gaudi

A little further north from La Sagrada Familia is Park Guell, designed by Antoni Gaudi.  In 1910, Eusebio Guell asked Gaudi to design a private housing estate on the hillside above Barcelona.  The grounds are beautiful and they give you a full view of the Mediterranean to the south and Montjuic to the west.




The great highlight of the visit was seeing Catalan schoolchildren dancing to "On the Floor" by JLo!  It was so cute and they were terrific!










Final photo, I am looking north to Tibidabo!  I did not take the tram, but I exercised my ole bod up and down a large part of that very, very steep hill.


It was big day today!  It's about 7:15 pm Toronto time, 1:15 am Barcelona time.  I am STILL in between times!  I sleep every night in honour of both time zones, too.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment